Home-made Shopvac (TM) HVLP turbine ?????

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 07:56:13 MDT 2006

Howdy,
     Yesterday I bought a  new, cheap, ShopVac ($30)
specifically for sucking up sanding dust from
finishing operations. I don't  care to operate the vac
with the dead rats in it, in my pristine,
abacteriological Finishing Parlor. Too much stuff
comes out the "rear-end".
     Well, it occurred to me that all those EXPENSIVE
turbines for HVLP spraying are really just vacuum
cleaner motors in fancy boxes. AND, as this thing has
an "in" and "out" port, why not just put an adaptor on
it to run my HVLP gun ???  If it doesn't have enough
"Oomph', I can hook 2 together. ( "Two stage" ) Or
three.......( Bwahahahaha!!!)
     I'd put them in a big plastic storage bin, with
some weatherstip around the top edge to seal the lid
tighly and prevent explosions. Then I'd vent the box
to the outside with some clothesdryer duct. Or put the
whole box outside, and pipe the air in.
     See any dummoes with this conception ?
     Thump