Naptha question

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Apr 14 13:46:24 MDT 2006

Greetings,

          At Home Depot I picked up a can of  MV & P Naptha. I asked the
salseman if there was a Naptha without the MV & P designation. He said he didnt
know, and that the government (fed or state?) made new regulations and
changed/added alphabetical designations of some of this stuff. ...So,,, does anytnoe
know if there is 2 types of Naptha?

           Also, I was  told last week, in the same aisle (paint/varnishes in
HomeDepot) that they wont be carrying lacquer products anymore and that the
(i think its the Feds) federal rule wont allow its sale to the general public.
In other words you;ll have to go to a specialty store to get lacquer.

          Has anyone else heard this??  I am thinking that maybe Homeland
Security doenst want ccertain products available to the general public (readily
available, that is), because of bomb making or chemical terrorism opprotnities
to the average joe shmoe, and that if your living depends on this stuff, you
will seek out a supplier and obtain it there. (I just dont know)

Julia Gottshall
REading. PA