old Bechstein plate

Paul Mulik tubist at swbell.net
Sun Apr 16 20:00:55 MDT 2006

It has a lovely patina, like one sees on antique brass or bronze objects (if
memory serves, brass is a copper/zinc alloy, and bronze is a copper/tin
alloy).  This plate does not look like painted iron at all.  Could it be
cast iron which was plated with brass or bronze?

I guess I should have taken some pictures of it.

--Paul Mulik