Was Buttr. Arch. Q for Ron N - increasing rim density

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 10:16:46 MDT 2006

Hi Ron,

I wonder about using CA glue in such an application. I believe the
molecules for it are "skinny" enough to simply sink into the wood and fill
the spaces between the wood molecules. The less dense the original wood the
better this might work.

At 09:14 AM 4/17/2006 +1000, you wrote:
>Fenton and all,
>
>Yes that would work, but you need some means of hydraulically driving
>the glue into the wood. A slightly less messy solution, which I've
>used for light density rims such as Luaun, is to drill a series of
>holes into the top face of the inner rim, spacing them about 12 mm or
>0.5" apart around the perimeter, drilled to a depth of around 25 mm.

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner