Pleyel 3 bis hammers specs

David C. Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Wed Apr 19 04:22:54 MDT 2006

Quentin writes:

><snip>
>I won't be able to give you the weighting of the hammer heads because Abel
>sends them already glued and ready to mount.

Dear Quentin,

With a digital scale and a few jigs, it is very easy to measure hammer
weight "on the shank" by tipping the hammer onto a digital scale with the
flange resting on a roller bearing...  Subtracting an estimate of the
shanks contribution (usually about 1.7g) will give you a good estimate of
the actual hammer weights.  Drawings of the "Strike Weight" method as well
as strike weight and hammer weight rating tables are freely available at:

http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/SW-HWstandards4.pdf

Hope this helps,

David Stanwood