Bøsendorfers, was : Buttressed Arch. Question for Ron N. - increasing rim density

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Apr 19 01:57:44 MDT 2006

Hey there Bill.  Thanks...er I think.. <G> for the backwelcomst. Always
nice to know one is loved and admired !

Yes, the rim impedance question is seperate from the buttressed arch
bit, but I noticed that the last few posts on the thread moved in that
direction tagged increasing rim density and just wanted to follow up on
that a bit.

Its an interesting bit the overall density of the system to the strings
visa vi localization of density in componets. Given the Bosies solution,
one would be tempted to consider that rock hard rims are not a
neccessity for good tone at all.... depending of course on whatelse one
does.  Its the <<what else one does>> that would be interesting to hear
about in the context of this thread.

Cheers
RicB

Mr. Bill writes:

On Apr 18, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Ric Brekne wrote:
 > Someone mentioned Bosies in the last bit of the discussion.  It
 > would be nice to hear a short followup from ya'll on how these
 > evident exceptions to the rule with their comparitively soft rims
 > seem to yield such nice results.
 >
 > Seems like there are more ways then one to approach the rim
 > impedance question.

The rim impedance question is a different one from the buttressed
arch question, right? Welcome back from vacation, Ric. (We missed
you, but not in the way might think. <G>)

Mr. Bill