Baldwin Grand O Ring

John Fortiner jlfortiner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:50:45 MDT 2006

On Balwin grands there is a neoprene O ring that runs between the damper
trap lever and the damper board block.  The only purpose of this O ring that
I can determine is to keep the damper dowel in place should the pedal lyre
be removed.
I worked on an "R" yesterday where this O ring was missing.  Being as I
don't carry an O ring supply with me all I could replace it with was the
heavier rubber band that comes on the Sunday paper which probably won't last
very long.  Does anyone know the correct thickness and diameter of this O
ring?

Thanks in advance,
John Fortiner