Why do we need crown?

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 07:06:40 MDT 2006

Hi Ric,

If the bridge were sufficiently high reverse crown and downbearing may both
exist at the same time.

At 01:54 PM 4/23/2006 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Calin
>
>Crown perhaps facilitates these needs to some degree tho.  We know we can
get a <<free>> increase in stiffness for same amount of mass with crown and
subsequent downbearing for example.

>Reverse crown would probably mean  using some other bridge termination
device then bridge pins... at least in the grand.  I would also think that
downbearing in such a situation would be a negative.

>Cheers
>RicB

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7