Bridge Pins & Nega Bearing

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 23 20:20:33 MDT 2006

I would submit that the "click" we hear when "string-seating" has
more to do with rendering speaking length tension past the bridge
into the  under-tensioned rear duplex than it does with a string
being above the bridge.  I have found strings above the bridge in a
nasty upright, visibly so on one side of a rolled bridge.  I have not
yet found strings that needed "seating" on a grand.  I do piano
voicing where I tighten curves leading to and from the bridge a
little and I do encounter clicks in neglected pianos where the
strings render through the bridge.

Andrew Anderson