Bridge Pins & Nega Bearing

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Apr 24 01:05:45 MDT 2006

I would think, given the third pin of the Wapin and the distance that
has from the front pin...(which vertical or not still exerts a staying
force on the string)  that the total forces holding the string down on
the bridge are actually increased compared to the standard bridge.  So I
have to dissagree with Dale on this one.

Cheers
RicB

 >   Then this fact would make the whole Wapin bridge idea  untenable
 > as the front pin goes ... straight up toward the ceiling so how far
 > can the string climb a straight pin?

I'm sure if this were the unavoidable consequence of the Wapin pure
vertical pin, we'd have heard about it in short order. So, no, I
don't think it's a problem, although what we should be looking for is
Wapin-bridge rebuilds whose downbearing has gone negative. I doubt
there are any.