Action Center Wood Repairs

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 24 19:11:12 MDT 2006

Ummmmm, if I may quote the author "All told, may have taken a half-hour."

Thick epoxies and polyester resins often can have less-than-optimal bonding to some surfaces. The two-step bonding process where thin base material (epoxy in this case) is applied to the substrate to allow it to soak in some amount before adding the thick mixture to fill the gap is a good way to ensure a permanent fix.

I'm not saying some other material won't work. I've just seen too many fillers fall out of repairs to be comfortable with anything else.

Terry Farrell