String Replacement

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Apr 25 06:30:18 MDT 2006

> Lovely :-(  And what can you say to the customer?  I tuned an ancient
> Chickering for a concert at a local church.  This piano had disasterous
> repairs and  needed a lot of help.  I felt like putting a disclaimer on the
> piano for the very talented performer that was to play that evening.  "Don't
> blame me, I only tuned it!"
>
> Debbie

You don't even have to tune them to be blamed. I once
condemned the same piano three times in less than a year
without even laying tuning hammer to it. I first saw it and
pronounced it dead after it was "donated" to an up scale
nursing home. The second owner (who purchased it from the
nursing home) was told that I'd "worked" on it, and the third
(who purchased it for considerably more than the previous
owner had paid), that I'd "rebuilt" it. For a while there, I
half expected it to show up again with my name cast into the
plate. It was like an Indiana Jones movie, where the dead
always attack as he passes by.
Ron N