Our own pianos

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Apr 26 07:21:22 MDT 2006

Phil:

I have a 5'4" Cunningham that I got from a church.  They turned down my
offer to haul it off for free, but accepted when I sweetened the deal by
$75.00.  I restrung it and put on hammers and shanks and did my
first-and-last refinishing job on it.  I had an apprentice working for
me that summer so it was a teaching project for him.  The refinishing
was a teaching project for both of us and I learned that I never want to
do that again!

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt at smu.edu