Our own pianos

William Morton wjmwjm at asisna.com
Wed Apr 26 12:02:47 MDT 2006

On 26, Apr 2006, , at 10:04, David Andersen wrote:

>> I have a Rippen Aluminum Grand in my home.
>

> Wow. I hesitate to ask: what does it sound and feel like? Are you
> working
> off some sort of karmic penalty? Tell us the acquisition story....

No karmic penalty that I'm aware of!   I like it tremendously; it has
a nice
action, and a beautiful tone.  I bought it new about 30+ years ago
from a dealer
who I believe had despaired of ever selling it.   Over the years it
has had
regular tunings every 6 months, and has had two action tuneups/
regulations.
I believe it has had only one broken string.  It has been a great piano.
There is even a Yahoo group devoted to "AluRips" as they call them
there.
I've only ever seen one other in all this time---it was in like-new
condition
on a dealer's floor at one of those huge piano market stores in southern
CA; he wanted $11,000 for it then.  Since I bought it new for $2650 I
was pleased with the appreciation!

Pictures can be sent on request!

---
[Certified Virus free by ASISNA Mail Services.    www.asisna.com ]