Prius for Piano Tech?

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu Apr 27 22:41:00 MDT 2006

List,
The Volvo wagon has 165K and is eating too much money between gas and maintenance. BTW, you better be charging at least as much as your mechanic. I'm researching my next vehicle and wondering if a Toyota Prius could actually work. Naturally, critical is the ability to transport a grand or upright action. I would be so grateful for any techs using one to let me know how they like it, can you fit an action in there on top of your tools?  I've looked in them and they seem pretty big, not like my Volvo wagon. But, I am willing to scale down some and I sure could dig 45 MPG. Or, any other vehicles that get high mileage, second choice for me right now is a Subaru Outback, great car but more dough and only mid 20's MPG.
Fenton Murray, RPT
www.MurraysPianoTuning.com