Balance rail hole repair

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Aug 1 12:41:49 MDT 2006

I'm working on a set of keys which has a large, deep counter sink on the bottom
of the shoe which caused the pin to wear an oblong hole.  Evidently, someone
tried to ease the hole in an upside-down manner.

The hole is larger than glue sizing or a veneer insert will repair,
besides, the pin
is traversing 2+mm above the bottom. The hole has to be relocated to the bottom
of the shoe. Would maple inserts be better than poplar?

Is the Onesti repair system the best answer for this, aside from
replacing the shoe.
http://www.onestipiano.com/pages/bhrs.html#anchor525541

Anyone want to sell one?

I have the fibre washer insert kit but I want  something more substantial.
--

Regards,

Jon Page