Backcheck noise

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 08:22:39 MDT 2006

The original knuckles on this piano are escaine.  Interestingly, the
replacements (to resolve some excess side play at the bird's eye) that were
sent were leather.  Just running your finger over them there is definitely a
difference in how much noisier the escaine knuckles are.   If the backchecks
are also escaine, I suppose this could be responsible for the noise.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com