Backcheck noise

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 4 21:11:52 MDT 2006

Hi, David.

I was just wondering a couple things. One, is it leather, or ecsaine?
Two, does it fit tightly over the underfelt? Because if it's loose and
it's leather, you could tighten it by wetting it and letting it dry and
shrink. But if it's ecsaine, I don't know whether that would have any
effect.

On the lanolin, I could only guess, that it might soften it up and
reduce the noise in the short run. But I would wonder whether it
wouldn't get gummy in the long run and cause a different kind of noise
and/or problems with checking/release. Not having actually used lanolin,
though, I don't know.

-Mark Schecter