Backcheck noise

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Aug 5 04:13:53 MDT 2006

Just what kind of noise are we talking about ?  Can you describe it a
bit.  Have read through just about every thing on this thread and cant
seem to find a description of the noise you are talking about.

Cheers
RicB

It's a new Steinway and the fit seems good.  It's happening throughout the
piano (though it's most audible in the treble) and seems to be getting
worse.  Whether it's leather, Ecsaine, or some other synthetic, I'm not sure
and will have to go back and check it more carefully.  The knuckles were
definitely something artificial.  If leather, treatment with lanolin is
something I've heard about but not ever tried.  Lanolin should absorb into
the leather, I would think, and not get gummy.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com