goo from beyond

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 6 15:38:32 MDT 2006

> PVA then?
>
> I found something similar one time, but I'm struggling to remember which
> glue it was. Maybe if I hadn't sniffed so much.... <g>
>
> JF

You guys are getting close enough. Phil was the first to
mention glue, but it's not hide. It's, believe it or not,
Titebond II.

This from the web site:

Most of our yellow and white glues, including Titebond
Original and Titebond II, remain usable beyond two years.
Should Titebond Original become thick and stringy, or Titebond
II turns into an orange colored gel, these changes signify
that the glue is no longer usable. The minimum shelf life of
Titebond III is stated as one year, when stored appropriately
at room temperature. Titebond III is expected to last beyond
its stated shelf life. If thickened, shake vigorously by
firmly tapping bottle on a hard surface until product is
restored to original form.

I bought a bottle of Titebond II maybe three years ago to try
it. It seemed to me to not dry as hard as original Titebond
though it is near impossible to get off of clamps after it
dries, and I really didn't like the yellow dye stains on my
hands from the stuff, so the remains of the bottle went on the
shelf in the back in case I found a use later. This show and
tell is as close as I came to finding a use, after I
discovered it back there today. So now I've rinsed out the
bottle for use with good ol' regular Titebond, and I've
learned another useless thing or two.

Here's what a couple of hours in the 104° Kansas sun did for
it this afternoon. I think it looks about ready.
Ron N