Name that tune

DCrpt at comcast.net DCrpt at comcast.net
Mon Aug 7 19:35:41 MDT 2006

    If the piano has a "PianoDisk" system installed with MX, I like to have it play Claire de Lune.It plays very quietly and covers a wide range.If it is a regular piano,there is no particular "peice" that I play,because I am not really a pianist.I usually play a series of chords or progressions that modulate through the circle of  fifths so I will end up checking every key.By the way I have a Bachelor of Music in Performance on Trombone.That is what makes me a good tuner.Think about it,a trombone is just a slide with seven arbitrary positons.So to play the trombone well you need to have a very good ear.                                Robin Olson
From: "Michelle Smith" <michelle at cdaustin.com>

Hi all.  I would like to know what pieces of music (if any) you like to play as the grand finale of your tuning visit.  Something that does a good job of checking intervals, smooth beat progressions, etc.

Thanks!

Michelle Smith
Smith Piano Service
Bastrop, Texas