Name that tune

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 7 20:57:55 MDT 2006

Hi all. I would like to know what pieces of music (if any) you like to play
as the grand finale of your tuning visit. Something that does a good job of
checking intervals, smooth beat progressions, etc

Since, I learned JUST enough to pass my Piano Exam, in College, and to be basically dangerous, and can't really play a tune you'd recognize, (phew), I usually  play arpeggiated chords through the circle of 5ths. If the piano has a decent touch/tone, I'll make an attempt to play Variations on a Theme, by Eric Saute, (as heard on the original BS&T Album.
When I do all of that, I am listening for anomolies and feeling for inconsistancies. Since I've been doing it for a long time, it works for me, albeit quite simple.<G> It takes care of the "Play ALL keys after it's back together" rule.<G>
Regards,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I