Palm Nailer

Bill Costanzo pnotuner at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 22:10:25 MDT 2006

Thanks Ron

I don't think I'll need it <grn> either but I'll make one just in case and
keep it with my Band-Aids which I also never need <big grn>

Bill

To keep from driving them too deep, I always just stop driving
just short of going too deep. Always.

When I don't, I get out my modified screw jack (sort of an
un-screw jack). To use it, I block up as necessary underneath
with wood scrap, and turn the top end up into the pin hole
until it contacts the bottom of the pin, then another 1/4 turn
to add pressure. On top, turn the pin slightly CCW, then back
CW to where it was with your tuning lever, and it will ooze up
out of the block a bit like magic. Repeat the jacking and
oozing until satisfied with the pin height, then stop. Put the
jack away where you can find it the next time this never
happens, pretend it never happened this time, and get back to
work. This can be done either with or without string tension.

Enjoy,
Ron N