Name that tune

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Aug 8 04:46:02 MDT 2006

At 07:42 PM 8/7/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all.  I would like to know what pieces of music (if any) you like to
>play as the grand finale of your tuning visit.  Something that does a good
>job of checking intervals, smooth beat progressions, etc.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Michelle Smith

Well... After I play a chromatose octave of augmented octaves(demolished
ninths?) and my own perverted version of "chopsticks", I'll check octaves
with both hands, bass half and treble half, then top and bottom octaves to
see if it sounds like the same instrument. (i.e. A0/A1 to C1/C2 played with
A6/A7 to C7/C8) Then play the first 12-16 measures of the "Moonlight
Sonata" and a little Rameau snippet.  Occasionally, I'll  play a flowery
version of Lvov "Russian Hymn" which has a lot of running octaves in the bass.

Beethoven and Lvov will double check soft/shift and damper pedal function
as well as octaves and the Rameau checks the tenths.

Other than that...

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.