Do Yellow Page ads really work?

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Wed Aug 9 04:27:14 MDT 2006

My suggestion is to have a free listing in the YP. It is my opinion if
you consider yourself a legitimate business, you should, I said SHOULD,
have a listing in the YP. I know a few instances, piano techs and other
trades people, who do not advertise and do well without it.

I would suggest you use your advertising dollars in developing a good
website that people can find rather easily. These days I get more calls
from my web page than I do from the YP. Also, affiliate yourself with a
local piano dealer. You will find that the referrals from this
arrangement will help you build your business.

David Chadwick said:

> Ask your clients which one they use even if you didn't get the
> referral through the book.

This is also a good idea in finding out people's preferences. You might
find one book gets used much more than the other, and you can focus an
ad in the 'better' book. Around here it's fairly easy: as long as you
have an add in one YP, you get a free 1-liner in the other YP.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)