Clearvue Cyclone

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Aug 9 05:00:43 MDT 2006

Terry -

Just to follow up, because no one else did, here are just a couple of
links to the debate about PVC tubing in dust systems.  You  probably
already know this stuff, uh?

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/PVC_piping.html

http://www.rockler.com/blog/index.cfm?commentID=44

While there seem to be no reports of explosions resulting from static
build up, all the literature emphasizes proper grounding when using PVC.

At 10:41 AM 8/8/2006, Terry Farrell wrote:

>And then there is the ducting thing. I haven't got that installed
>yet. I spent a lot of time trying to locate the recommended ASTM
>2729 thin-wall six-inch PVC piping and failed. To the best of my
>knowledge it doesn't exist! I guess I'll have to settle for the next
>thicker stuff. And I haven't picked that up yet because I haven't
>installed a hitch on my car to pull a trailer for the pipe (although
>I did finally get a license plate for the trailer).

Regards -

David Skolnik