Piano Tool collection

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 09:31:24 MDT 2006

Lou said: "Pondering this as I make out my will, I look to you for suggestions....
What am I to do with this 28 year collection of piano tuning tools, parts, books and manuals when I no longer need them?
Are there schools that want or need these carefully accumulated oddities?
While I am not ready to give up just yet, I would still appreciate your thoughts.
Best Regards,"

Lou,
The "Oddities" may be of interest to the Museum! As I am a "consultant" for said Museum, I'd be interested in a list or pics of them. please contact me off-list in regard to this. As for the rest of your accumulation, find a deserving Associate or Rebuilder. Many times I've acquired this type of collect. But to find obsolete parts that are invaluable, if for nothing else, but as prototypes to reproduce, etc. Many tools, of the past, are of such better quality than those available today....well, you get the idea. Our chapter has had "auctions" of deceased technician's collections. Most were lucky to get 10cents on the dollar of their worth
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I