Key mortise correction

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 10:52:41 MDT 2006

>here's a better tool to do that job, which would have cut your time
>in half, IMO. It's easy to >make. Fits in a Universal handle.
>Imagine the Balance Hole Easer, but with cutting edges >on each side.

I'm not talking about the balance hole height. I used the hole height cutter.
I'm talking about the wood on the sides of the mortice touching the
pin and the pin
hitting the back-side of the mortice (a ledge half way down the mortice)
with the key depressed.

Evidently, they didn't drill the mortice deep and long enough.  Or
maybe they drilled
the b/r holes too far back and placed the button likewise.  Or
drilled the mortice
too far forwards and not deep enough.  I haven't checked KR yet.
--

Regards,

Jon Page