Question about piano price in Germany

PIANISSIMO PIANOFORTE S.L. patrick at pianospianissimo.com
Thu Aug 10 17:36:46 MDT 2006

Hi Yoshi,

Prices for a used G3-C3 of that year (tough as long as the condition is
good the age doesn't affect the price that much) in most European
countries is usually around 13.500 EUR, including 16% VAT, 1st tuning,
bench, delivery, 5yr warranty and so on (some shops might do a small
discount for prompt cash payment, so the customer might end up paying
around 12.000 EUR).

With regards to the shipping... if she is taking some of her
furniture/belongings, the removal company will do her a deal/package to
put everything into a container, but it will certainly be a few thousand
dollars.

Regards,

Patrick

> One of my customers is moving to Hamburg, Germany. She is wondering
> whether
> she should bring her piano (1988 Yamaha G3 in mint condition) to Germany
> or
> sell it here in Boston. She paid $14000 for the piano a couple of years
> ago.
> Does anybody know the used piano prices in Germany? Is it possible to get
> the 'equivalent' piano for the similar price range?
> Also, how much does it cost to move a grand piano to Germany?
>
> Thanks,
> Yoshi

Patrick Hinves Ballesta
Afinador/Técnico 610442371