Broken Agraffe

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 23:38:07 MDT 2006

Jason said: ".
List, it's a Chickering grand. One agraffe broke. Not a standard Schaff size. I need a replacement trichord agraffe, metric thread pitch 0.7, diameter 6 mm. Where can I get this? See pix."

Jason,
That's going to be a tough one, IMO. I've got some olde Yamaha one's that measure 6.8mm diameter and a .75mm thread. That is weird enough. Are your sure of your measurements? i.e. did you use a metric thread checker and an accurate micrometer. The photo doesn't say much from an accuracy standpoint.
I may haver some other weird ones, of other sizes, but I, first have to dig them out of whatever "archive" I put them in.<G>
Regards

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I