preparations

tish mukarji tishamukarji at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 07:42:33 MDT 2006

Hello list,

I'm a pianist who does mostly contemporary music, and
I use a lot of preparations, I was wondering what your
thoughts on this use does to the strings. If I play a
set of one hour with screws lodged inbetween a few
strings what type of technical effect will it have.
Granted that you can badly prepare a piano, but say I
don't hit the keys with preparations to hard.
Basically at times I get a lot of hassle from
organisers who don't know anything. I met a very nice
technician in Scotland who was very open. So I would
like to know your views on the subject.
Thanks in advance,