Viennese Pinblock Repair

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 17 10:48:43 MDT 2006

"The Pinblock Wood has lost it's elasticity, i.e. it's dead wood!"

Okay Joe, you asked for it. Care to expand a little and edumacate us wood loosing it's elasticity and dying?

Seems to me the wood pretty much dead the day the tree is cut down - yes?

Terry Farrell
  >I was asked to repair an open-faced pinblock on an old Produktiv
  >Genossenchaft Grand which was restrung and is giving way in the upper
  >section. The wood is being crushed and the tuning pin holes are elongated

  In my opinion, the Rebuilder screwed up and should make it right.. Two things probably are causing this: 1. Improper "new scale", or lack thereof.<G 2. The Pinblock Wood has lost it's elasticity, i.e. it's dead wood!

  Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.