My first bit of bad news

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Thu Aug 17 23:02:46 MDT 2006

Michelle,
         Well, now that's a horse of a different
color and should be treated as such. You have
then answered your own question. Do it the best
way that you can with no chance for other
problems creeping in. Pre-drill at least and see
if you can slather in some glue while your at it.
If it tickles your fancy and the customer goes
for it come back another time and drill for
dowels or even spruce plugs. That part is just
cosmetic though. Prep them for a new soundboard
if you think that it's in the cards for a future
date. Just make sure they have all the info such
as current market value, future market value and
projected cost of any service performed. But then
you knew all of this didn't you?

best,
Greg Newell

At 10:54 PM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Greg.
>
>No one is denying anything.  She made a bad purchase and doesn't have the
>money to fix it or buy something else.  I'm sure some of you see it every
>day.
>
>The part I feel bad about is that it's a beautiful old instrument and in the
>right hands could make a nice restoration.
>
>Michelle

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
mailto:gnewell at ameritech.net