Soundboard recrowning and rib re-arching.

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 11:26:19 MDT 2006

Yeah yeah Ok sure. But none of this changes the fact
that if you stressed the board into an exaggerated
crown, then permeated the ribs ( and board, maybe )
with something that rersists compression, you ought to
end up with better crown when you "knock the chocks
out".

P.S. Still, that rib matter has to go somewhere when
the board loses crown. Either the rib is compressed
longitudinally, over the decades, shrinks, or the rim
expands. Probably a combination of all three. This is
simpleton stuff.