Brash Failure

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 19 14:00:16 MDT 2006

The worst case of this I have come across is Rud Ibach pianos of 100 year
old vintage and also an 1870 Broadwood. In these cases the actions were made
from Cedar. Drill into the wood and it just crumbles to dust. Something I
noticed as well is that the wood emitted a very strong coffee type smell.

AF

I have this 25 year old broom that is still going strong; okay, I've
replaced the handle several times and the bristle head a few times but it is
still essentially the same broom. Is this known as brush failure?