Rolling to Pitch

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 19 15:39:25 MDT 2006

> Ron,
>
> Are we speaking of the same effect here?? I was referring to what
> appears to me to be your comment about the bridge PINS themselves
> becoming somewhat 'flattened" by the sliding wire. Are you talking now
> about the bridge cap instead???
>
> Thanks,
> Robin

They happen concurrently, as a result of cap movement and
friction of the wire against the bridge pin. If you need to
change the pins with restringing, which I think you do, you
also should flatten the cap and renotch while you're there to
get around the crushed notch edge. If you've already got the
pins out...

Ron N