Soundboard recrowning and rib re-arching.

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Aug 20 13:42:59 MDT 2006

Grin.... well there's a real easy way to try it out.  Make yourself a
mini example of a soundboard and find out.  If you read Nossamans
article in the journal a short while back on the matter, you should have
no trouble following things.

Cheers
RicB

Thumpy writes:

Well, no, haven't had time to check that out. But I'm
still 100% incredulous about the claim that a crowned
board, pushed down at the apogee, will pull in at the
edges. Until I see it, or someone adequately explains
it, I don't believe it. I may be stupid, but my Dad
invented a lot of the stuff in computers today, and my
brother holds 35 patents in optical physics, and this
just doesn't "add up", to me!
     Thump