Mice thread

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 22 08:00:08 MDT 2006

Subject: Re: Mice thread

> So I'm now trying to catch
> them the easy way, in order to move them to the next field out there
> (but those animals manage to eat the cheese without engaging the trap
> system ; I'll have to use my brain too).

I've had the same problem. A little loose cotton, filled with
peanut butter and wrapped around the trigger, did the trick.
As to keeping mice out of pianos, I'm not sure that anything
short of storing the pianos in a vacuum chamber will work
reliably.
Ron N

Lavender works, Ron.  We live a wooded area, home to many mice.  It's
standard practice to put lavender in anything stored that does not have a
"mouse proof" package.  Lavender essential oil works, also.

Paul C