Bluthner action regulation/specs

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Tue Aug 22 10:53:09 MDT 2006

Hi Dave.

I would add to the nice doc Ric forwarded that, following Blüthner, the
repetition spring should be regulated so drop is 3 mm under the strings, and
the hammer should only check on a quite forte blow, and the jack should get
back under the nose when the key is lifted half way up to it's rest
position.
If setoff can not be achieved with the 9 mm dip, you should raise the hammer
line by shimming the rest rail.  Indeed, the hammers should rest on the
rail.
If you read german, I could send you the original regulating procedure.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.