Kap German piano

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 22:23:56 MDT 2006

Greetings,

          The bass bridge has vry small hairline splits at the bridge pins.
The tuning pins are starting to get a little loose. If I dope the block,  this
will cause further stress on the already splitting bass bridge. So I figure
that the dope job will buy a few years, however, eventually, if they want to
keep it in playing condition, it will need a new bass bridge as well as bass
strings and a pinblock when/if they decide to go that far. The sound board is nice
and echoey when I knock on it, however this may go too by that time. I told
them to keep it away from drafty air returns and heat sources.

          Thanks for the info. I had not known that these Ernst Kaps pianos
were any thing special...seems they are. By the looks of this one they are a
unique item. I now have a better idea on what to tell this customer.

THanks,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA
In a message dated 8/22/2006 6:15:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,