Kaps Upright

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Aug 24 12:27:59 MDT 2006

At 11:47 AM 8/24/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>But as Ron N. asked, I still don't understand why "doping" the pin block
>would cause extra stress on the bridge???
>
>Avery

Avery,

I'm not Ron N. or Julia, as they would both be VERY quick to point out, but
I'll put out a possible cause/effect sort of thing, anyway...

If "doping" the pinblock is an effort to make tuning pins hold at a tension
commensurate to that needed to tune the piano at a standard pitch, then, if
the treatment is successful, and the piano is then brought up to that
standard pitch, the total tension on the instrument will be higher than in
it's untunable state and (big caveat coming...) if there is any downbearing
on the bridge, there will be more pressure on the bridge.

Am I close??

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.