let off gone berzerk

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Wed Aug 30 16:28:20 MDT 2006

Joseph, others have mentioned the let-off rail..that's too
easy..

How about this:

I'm betting that nothing has changed in the let-off of the
affected area, but, the piano has been moved..it also
sounds like you're seeing this piano for the first
time..I'm thinking (stop it Driscoll..you have no room to
talk, and I've been nice)
that the new position of the piano has caused the owner's
ears to hear some different that was actually the same
before the piano was moved.

Was the piano on a hard surface before the move, and now
it's on carpeting?

It sounds like the let-off hasn't gone berserk..it was
there before the move..

Nothing else in a console piano besides a loose let-off
rail can affect that adjustment that much without affecting
more than just one area.

It hasn't changed..only the position of the piano.

Just my $.02,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)