Keytops ?? :-(

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Aug 31 14:13:35 MDT 2006

Hi Ron,
I used a block of polishing felt, that I got from Schaff, years ago.
I placed the 600 grit water paper on it, added some water, and turned
the key upside down, and moved the key. In no time at all, the keytop
looked similar to the ivory keytops.
I just did it on an old sample key I had made up to show. It had quite a
few scratches on it. It came up lovely.
I personally like the look better, but will give the customer the
option, as some like the shiny.
Thank you for the suggestion. I just never thought on doing it that way.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca