Kap German piano answer on "dope has to do w/tension

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 14:54:56 MDT 2006

In a message dated 8/30/2006 2:24:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pianotech at tollidee.com writes:
Hi Julie,
Do you have any numbers for the piano's tuning pin torque?  Are they
below 50 in/lbs? Below 30?
Numbers would help to know how loose the pins really are.
I wonder if anyone has numbers on the amount of side bearing difference
between 30 cents flat, and up-to-pitch, that would be helpful.
I should have gone into math <g>  always wanting more numbers!

Jonathan Finger RPT
Greetings,

        How does one measure this? Where can I get a gage for such
measurements?

In the business 39 months as of Sept 1st
Thanks
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA