Playing cards aren't just made for poker

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri Dec 1 07:46:16 MST 2006

-----Original Message----From: ilvey at sbcglobal.net
To: greyco at kingston.net; pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: Playing cards aren't just made for poker

So here you are, cringing about shifting the action slightly for an instant tone change and yet 2 days later you were able to have the piano sound "just as it was" because you didn't voice the piano "properly".   Think about it...
I use my own business card, by the way.  Another simple, but fleeting trick is to brush the hammers with a vegetable brush.   Not a wire brush...
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044

David,

I prefer a medium to firm toothbrush for the final, ephemeral voicing touch.  Fits nicely in the toolkit.

And I use your business card, too....:-)

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net