Playing cards aren't just made for poker

Stephen Papastephanou spapaste at comcast.net
Fri Dec 1 08:07:10 MST 2006

This suggestion is excellent. The problem is that it requires a lot of work,
since you probably would have to unhook it from the tuning pin, and getting
the coils back the right way is hard and a lot of work.
I suppose it could be done with effort, with the string attached to the
tuning pin. (you have to boil the string while attached to the piano to make
it easy).
I tried doing this on one string, and the results were similar to what I
described, loosening the string (two turns or less at the pin and unhooking
it fro the bottom) making a coil, running it up and down 3-4 times, and
finally cleaning the string with #3 wire wool. That way it takes very little
work. The results have been wonderful

S.P.