Playing cards aren't just made for poker

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Dec 1 21:17:58 MST 2006

:
> David-
> I have used the card trick when a friend had to play a recital on a C-3 with the breaking glass sound.  The choir director would not allow the piano to be voiced.  Putting in some cards allowed my friend 45 minutes use of fresh hammer felt, then I pulled the cards and the piano sounded like breaking glass again.
> Ditto when a recording studio had a request for warmer tone for one morning only.

Sometimes the dragon doesn't need to be slain outright, but
just smacked about and diverted for a short while. We try to
match the tools available to the needs apparent. Sometimes we
escape relatively intact, sometimes we are messily devoured.
Such is life when we are crunchy and good with catchup.

> I believe Owen described correct use of the technique.  The thought of leaving the cards in causes me to cring as well. Hence my suggestion that we all use Ron Nossaman's cards for this!

Cards available, SASE and $3.95 each. Cring as you will...

Ron N