Laughead

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Sat Dec 2 08:03:50 MST 2006

In a message dated 12/2/06 8:56:53 AM, cy at shusterpiano.com writes:

> I believe it's Scottish, and pronounced "Lockheed", like the aircraft
> company.
>
> --Cy--

No Cy it is pronounced    laahead. When I worked at F.O. Miller Piano Company
years ago we were the dealer for Laughead and Co.   I believe that for some
period of time the pianos were actually made by Conn for the Laugheads.   The
thingees were fairly decent for their price range which was slightly below the
Everett/Estey types.
 The Laugheads, Mr. & Mrs, would stop by each year during the Christmas
season and deliver a ham, bunches of cookies and some of the bessssssttttt Dutch
Chocolate I have ever eaten, Really nice people and a joy to speak with. They
usually spent all morning with us taking everyone to lunch and then left to go
to the next dealer on their visitation list. We always looked forward to their
visits. Mrs. Laughead's failing health put a stop to these visits about the
time I became an independent tech.

Jim Bryant (FL)