yamaha spinet

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 12:31:30 MST 2006

Run!!!!! Don't look back.

----- Original Message -----
From: Reid E. Nelson
To: Pianotech List
Sent: 12/2/2006 5:47:35 AM
Subject: yamaha spinet

Hi All,

While servicing a customer yesterday, I wanted to remove the keys and clean/lube.  I could not figure out how to remove the fallboard.  It appears that the fallboard bracket runs on a pin at either end of the keybed.  I could remove one bracket from the pin, but there was no room to do the same at the other end. I cannot bend the fall board upwards, either. I have not seen this type of fallboard before. Also, in the event of removing the action with all the stickers, does the top grommet just pop out of the end of the key, or do I have to unscrew each sticker?  Perhaps a Yamaha service/parts manual would be good?

Thanks, Robin