yamaha spinet

Karl kaputt karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 06:36:35 MST 2006

>From: "Steve Blasyak" <atuneforyou at earthlink.net>
>
>Run!!!!! Don't look back.

That´s the best advice one can give concerning that kind of actions. I tell
customers with these pianos that I will tune their piano, but nothing more.
No repair or maintanance! I didn´t know that Yamaha produced that garbage
too, but I saw many other pianos with that kind of action (Manthey
Pianino/Klaviano or Manborg.....). How do you call that kind of action?
Translated from German it would be underpull action.

Robin, I don´t know that particular modell, but try this to remove the
fallboard: you wrote you could remove one bracket from the pin. Was it on
the left side? If so, remove the left bracket. Then move the fallboard to
the upper left. Perhaps the right bracket is connected with 2 wooden dowels
so that the fallboard can only be removed by pulling out the dowels to the
left.

Gregor